Day 1
Today is the first of August and I am ready to start my journey in writing out how I collect games and whatnot. This will probably be a longer post and I will be typing throughout the day so I'm not typing everything all at once. So I will describe how I research the games. First I look on Wikipedia at the lists and I find the title, publisher, developer, release date, platforms, genre, and then I post a link onto my google sheets of a YouTube url of every platform there is. Currently I am working on letter D video games. I have completed up until the year 2015 0-9 and letters A-C. I started this project about two springs ago and it has grown unto this much and many games. 0-9 games currently in the English released version there are 309 games (by including all the different platforms) not including the multiple platforms and by saying there's only 1 game per 1 platform there's a total of 145 titles that start with 0, 1, 2, etc until 9. As for A's the two numbers are 2,206 and 1,126 titles. Keep in mind this is only until 2015 I won't research 2016 games until January 1, 2017 just so I don't miss a single game that was released this year and happen to skip over it. B's= 2,623 & 1,217. C's finalized are 2,703 and I haven't figured out yet how many individual titles there are. For letter D I'm in the year 1992 currently and working my way up to 2015 so far I have the first number being at 742 which in comparison to the other numbers isn't even close to how many games there are. I know I haven't gotten to Devil May Cry, Dark Souls, or even Dragon Age yet in my research as I'm still in the early 90s. But eventually I will get through the whole of the alphabet and every game ever researched by me will be completed. I have spent so many hours doing this it is like a second job for me, I work on it about 8 hours a day when I can and just never stop. I love the history of all the games and how something so small starts out and grows into massiveness. I can't believe the games StarCraft or Halo Wars wouldn't happen if it wasn't for Dune. The RTS genre wouldn't haven't even existed if it wasn't for that. MUDs are what started the MMORPG through text and words and now it has turned into World of Warcraft and Star Wars the Old Republic. The history of video games are a fascinating subject that I'm diving right into. My YouTube channel LJgreentigers, mostly has gameplay videos currently but soon I will delve into making video's about the history of games. There are so many walkthroughs on YT that I just can't compete with and get noticed, and as no one has dived into the history of the games, I instead will be turning my channel into creating videos made of the history, showing timelines of the games genre's. What was the first action game in the world? The first fighter? Even the first Shoot 'em Up which is an easy answer, Space Invaders which came out in July 1978. The subject of the history of video games I really want to take to my bones and blood and I can't wait to just start this blog going and hopefully all of you will enjoy reading my life's work and dive straight into the heart of video gaming.
Comments
Post a Comment