Major Series Franchises'

Today's post I will obviously talk about gaming once again only this time I'm going to dive right into not only my favorite games, but also games that I want to do as a series, whether just for myself or on YouTube. Game series like Grand Theft Auto, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lara Croft, and even Forza Horizon. I have so many games I own that I haven't even started to play and my list of wanting to complete my collection to every game of the world is still growing. I know a major series is Grand Theft Auto, which entails wrongness of doingness in a sense. The first two games of the franchise some of you guys out there may not know but are in a top down kind of gameplay. The series that really made it take off was the third installment. Hitting the charts gta 3 became gta 1 to most gamers and players in mind. Later installments like Vice City and San Andreas came later. In fact there is a movie entitled "The Gamechangers" which talks about how San Andreas came to be. It's a fairly good movie and I came across it last year and was intrigued by how people viewed what Grand Theft Auto was of "violence, harm, and this game needs to go completely." kind of attitude. But it is a must see if you want to know about how GTA: San Andreas was made. Another series I am fairly familiar with is the Harry Potter franchise. At least in the PC realm, I've hit on the ps1 1st game and the gbc 2nd game but haven't delved much into the console versions of the games. The PC games however are a real fun to play. They were part of the first games I ever owned. I loved the Chamber of Secrets the best and most probably agree with me that the Goblet of Fire was the worst (Just like the movies), though the final installments of Part 1 & 2 of Deathly Hallows came a close 2nd and 3rd to the worst. Doing the Harry Potter games I have completed most of them on my YouTube channel at least the PC versions and I plan on finishing that in the near future. Forza Horizon I don't have much experience with but it is a blast to be able to drive anywhere you want and go wherever you want just to race. The open worldness adds an aspect you never usually see in the classic racing games. I hope in the future racing games can become more open world and be able to explore every road map in America, Europe, Australia, and even Africa would be cool. Lara Croft is an adventurer who is known for her skill at climbing, killing, and achieving relics (kind of like Drake from Uncharted franchise) and she is a bada**. Me myself having the pleasure of owning complete in box with manual the original Tomb Raider for Sega Saturn I have played the first couple of levels and can't believe that some video game that made it in the 3D world turned into something more like having a more adventurous time and improving graphics and quality (ahem--Knights of the Old Repuplic, or Ratchet and Clank). An adventure game you can live in the journey of the protagonist and be able to do things you can't even do outside of reading a book, that you can imagine it. But a video game you can experience it. Now tidbit on Star Wars games, I know I myself haven't played very many of them, but there are so many of them overall!!! At least 20 games. And by far the game I'm most familer with and the one that I think is the best is Star Wars: The Old Republic, or short SWTOR. This game is an MMORPG kind of like World of Warcraft but in my opinion just better. Now one of the main reasons is that you use lifesabers. I mean come on?! What other kind of game do you have lifesabers!? No what I like about this MMO is that you can choose who you want to be what side your on and accept that side or reject it, actions and quests mean something. It's kind of like playing Dragon Age or Mass Effect, you get to choose whether to be good or evil, do what's right or get paid more, and you get to experience with a massive media and slew of people from around the world. One of the last things I do enjoy very much is the soundtrack for the game, now the whole soundtrack is consistent of the movies of the Star Wars trilogies, and what game can say they have their counterpart movies to back them up on the audio? Not many, and not many that are good games either. (O.o) No, but I do enjoy SWTOR very much and I did have a level 60 character at one point of the game. Now that I touched on different franchises, I will next day I post will probably post a poll if I can on the games you guys would like to know more about. I will do my part in the research and in a week I will give all the information I can, if not more on what you would want to know about. It could be as silly as "I want to know more about Crash Bandicoot, why is he a mascot that is relatable to kids?" or something to that effect. But until next time happy gaming, I'm going to go back to my research and I'll catch you in the next post!

Comments