Researching

Today I have done a lot as far as researching video games. I have compiled the years 1992-1994 working on right now today. Who knew there were so many letter D video games that were made in the early 90s!? Did any of you readers know that Doom (original Doom) came out in 1993? Well it did for the DOS, Mac OS, Sega 32X, Atari Jaguar, SNES, PS1, 3DO, PC, Sega Saturn, the Acorn Archimedes, Game Boy Advance, and finally the Commodore VIC-20. Some of these systems unfamiliar to you guys out there? Well most people should recognize the DOS, it was the computer that came after the Apple II and before the PC, it was like the mix between the two, ranging to be able to play DOS games on say like a Windows 98 computer (I used to own one before it died when I was in high school!) And I actually plan on purchasing a new (old) DOS computer system, I already have an older monitor, this keyboard I use to type is definitely usable since it doesn't connect to this computer via usb, an older mouse, and a monitor, alls I need left is a DOS system to operate and then I can play all my older games that won't work on this new gaming rig. The Mac OS is the precurser to the OS X Macintosh computer, it is the older system. Sega 32X is part of the Sega consoles and came out in 1994, it is a part of the system that could feasibly go onto the Sega CD console. The Atari Jaguar was a home console that tried to compete with the SNES as well as the Sega Genesis in having more power. Obviously Doom had made the cut to be made for this particular console. The SNES is the console that came after the NES and improved graphics that had instead of 8 bit but 16 bits of color to the games. The PS1 is the great grandmother to the PS4 simple enough to understand and was known for having the technology to have 3D games in a 3D environment start to really stand out, hence Resident Evil, Lara Croft Kind of adventure games. The 3DO came out in October of '93 and to me looks like a VHS player, but Panasonic the creater made this console to compete with the PlayStation 1 and didn't get as much love as the Sony Company did. The PC is pretty self explanatory and so is the Game Boy Advance, the handheld Nintendo made. The Sega Saturn was the last installment of the Sega Company that just was a bombing of the console. I mean no Sonic the Hedgehog games on there!? And no that's not a myth :/ Now here's a console nobody's heard of, the Acorn Archimedes?! What?  Well mainly the reason was because it was developed in Europe in England and is a personal computer kind of like the DOS or the NEC PC-9801 from Japan. Lastly another uncommon system is the Commodore VIC-20, the most common of these home computers is the Commodore 64 which had the most produced games but the VIC-20 came out a few years later in 1985 as a predecessor to the Commodore PET. Well I just gave quite a lot of information on just on game, mainly talked about consoles, but hey maybe you've learned something new? :) Anyways happy gaming and go shoot stuff if you have Doom (the original! though the new one is awesome as well!) Later

Comments